30 things to do before I'm 30

23.11.06

And so it begins...

As most things do, it all started so innocently...it was my 29th birthday and I was tired and emotional from the cocktails I'd had the night before and the prospect of the big 30 looming on the horizon, just 365 short days away.

Nothing had changed in the 364 days preceding my 29th birthday...I was still single, in debt and hating my job. So in an attempt to make a change, I wrote a list of things I had to do before I was 30.

I spent the next few hours pouring over it, racking my addled brain trying to think of all those things I've wanted to do and never had and eventually came up with a definitive, if badly written, list.

Proud of myself for actually committing to something and giddy with the prospect of doing something with my life, I celebrated with another cocktail.

I then promptly lost the aforementioned list and completely forgot about it until I stumbled across it at the weekend: a frantically scrawled reminder of how none of my *fabulous* ideas ever come to fruition.

So, with the big 30 looming even closer on the horizon, exactly 1 month today, I've decided to do it. Well as much of it as I can.

Oh God help me.

-------------

2 comments:

RL said...

My, what a fabulous list! Here's a time savign tip: if you do no. 7 and 9 at the same time you will achieve no. 20 and could probably squeeze no.s 6, 11 and 21 in as well!

fabulous2.0 said...

What a good idea! I like you're style RL...

x